Friday, July 21, 2006

Framing Up...

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Pslams 62 5-7

Friday has come and almost gone, the weeks are flying by. But as time goes on, more and more is being done in the community. At the end of last week I posted a picture of Ms. Lynn's house, which was just subflooring on top of pylons. This week the house has been framed up and shingles are going on to the roof. Teams have been working hard to get this house going. I have been impressed on how quickly it has come together.

Other teams this week and in weeks past have been working on Ms. Lambert's trailer. The trailer has been flooded, gutted, and is beginning to be restored. Though I'll admit the first time I say the trailer it was in rough shape, but after I was out there this afternoon I saw that it is coming together. It is great to see Ms. Lambert smiling and loving on the volunteers that have come to serve and love the folks in Lakeshore, Waveland, and Bay St. Louis.

No comments: