Thursday, October 26, 2006

This One's For The Girls

There are several blogs that I enjoy reading whenever I get the chance. There are a few blogs in particular as a female that I have come to look to for spiritual topics as well as topics pertaining to being a woman, household tasks, laughter, and a myriad of others.

One blog is Girltalk, which is a website run by Carolyn Mahaney (wife of Sovereign Grace ministry leader CJ Mahaney) and her three grown daughters. They blog about biblical womanhood and other fun topics. Recently they posted two entries on busyness (October 2 and October 3). Both of which I thought offered some great advice and insight for all who are busy. Let me share one piece of advice that I gained from the post, which was something CJ Mahaney said to his wife Carolyn.

“Only God completes His to-do list. We are not God. We are finite creatures with serious limitations. Therefore we need to humble ourselves by accepting our limitations and draw upon God’s strength to simply do what we can.”- CJ Mahaney

Another blog that I have benefit from is the Solo Femininity blog. It is written by Carolyn McCulley who is a single woman providing encouraging words to other single women. Recently her article/personal testimony, “Liberated from Feminism,” was published online by the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, I highly recommend this article for any Christian woman.

One last blog that I want to make mention of is the Biblical Womanhood blog. I will admit that I have not been reading this blog for very long but have been encouraged by some of Crystal Paine’s posts.

No comments: