Saturday, November 04, 2006

For the Record

I have been beginning to be asked on a regular basis what my plans are for after December. Well, I'’ve neglected to tell anyone for the past few weeks (unless I have talked to you in Lakeshore) mainly because I haven't had much time to blog about it and wanted to let me family know before everyone else. I have decided that I will stay in Lakeshore after December until "at least" June. In the past couple of weeks I extended my time as a semester missionary with the North American Mission Board to stay on through next semester.

As I have prayed through it I have not felt as though God is directing me elsewhere or to begin some sort of career and no other opportunities have come up (not that I was really out searching, as it was my desire to stay in Lakeshore). I am excited about staying in Lakeshore into next year. I continued to be amazed at the Lord's faithfulness and provision as I observe what happens around here. And I wish I could somehow express the amount and depth of the things that the Lord has been teaching me these past 5 months through the work that continues here in Lakeshore, the perseverance of His people, the teaching of His Word, friendships I've built, and life in general.

For those wondering, I will get to travel back to Wisconsin to see my family around Christmas time, but the thought of being in Mississippi most the winter is a comforting thought. As there will be warmer temperatures, which means (Lord willing) that I will spend more time on me feet than on my backside as I wont have to worry about several months with snow and ice. (As my family and friends back home will attest to I am not the most graceful person when it comes to keeping my balance, especially in slippery surfaces)

I will also be beginning a women's Bible Study here in the next week for the women of Lakeshore Baptist and anyone they invite. I am excited about the study. We will be looking at Pursuing God - A seekers guide By Jim Elliff. If you think to, pray for me for God's guidance as I prepare for this study.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN AMEN!!
God has spoken to your heart, Jamie, and you have responded once again with obedience. He will certainly continue to Bless you.