Sunday, November 26, 2006

A splended Thanksgiving Day

This was the first Thanksgiving that I was away from my family in Wisconsin, though my family doesn't have any real defined tradition for Thanksgiving it was kind of strange to be away from my family. However, this was a great Thanksgiving day. We had a service here at the church, which was followed up by wonderful lunch (open to church members, volunteers, and anyone in the community) complete with turkey, cornbread dressing, sweet potatoes, green beans, and plenty of dessert. Though I will admit the one thing I miss from the north is the mashed potatoes (so what if I'm still a bit of a Yankee-I'm not use to cornbread dressing).

THE MEAL!

THE COOKS!
I would like to add a note about the cooks. I don't want to seem like I'm playing favorites, but I really had a blast hanging out with the group from Grace Baptist Church. This group really ministered to me personally and I'm grateful and thank God for the friendships and all the memories (even though I didn't get to see the square dancing that took place mid-week)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did have a grand meal, didn't we?
Just an added note --- the cooks had prepared s-o much food, we had a ton left over. We five Trinity Ladies w/ the help of Ms Peggy + George went door-to-door in several FEMA trailer parks, delivering Thanksgiving meals + cards/letters of hope. That was a Blessing in itself!! God is Good!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoops! I forgot how to sign in to blogger! (I'm a ditz) :-)

Yup I missed the mashed potatotes too. We had planned to make them, even talked about it, but about halfway through the meal I turned to Bec and said "Where are the potatoes?" How we all forgot them I'll never know!

Becca said...

yes, the potatoes were sadly absent. Oh well. We really did make a ton of food didn't we? I guess better too much than too little! :-D

Jamie Dunbar said...

I did miss the mashed potatoes, but we did have a ton of great food.

Anonymous said...

ugg...
she got me...

nice job on the picture. you got me
:)