Saturday, August 11, 2007

Vacation in FL

I was blessed with the opportunity to take a vacation and spend some time in southern Florida this past week. While in Florida I was able to attend the Grace Baptist Church Family Conference which hosted Pastor Voddie Bauchum as the speaker and music was led by Steve and Vikki Cook. It was a great conference and I learned a lot, some of which really humbled and convicted me of areas that I need some improvement and changes in. There were many great things said that as a young single adult I can think on and consider even though I am not a wife or mother right now. Lord willing I will be able to articulate some of these things and post them after I get a chance to get caught up here in Lakeshore - mainly caught up on sleep :).

I was also blessed to be able to stay for the Pilgrim's Progress play that many of the young adults at Grace Baptist Church had been working on for about a year. It was a great production.
At the play I was able to reunite with Joel, one of the summer staff from Lakeshore. He's still as crazy as ever.
I learned one important lesson while in Cape Coral visiting at one of the church member's home...not to leave my camera alone with the Ascol's...you'll end up with some crazy pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-D We had such an AMAZING time with you Jamie!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you to come and also stay for the play.
Prayin for you!!
_Becca