Friday, December 14, 2007

Fly away home

I made it back to Wisconsin for Christmas and time with my family and church family after a extremely long day in airports waiting and hoping I'd be able to get on a plane headed north.

I was late for my flight from New Orleans due to an accident and then fog on the causeway, which caused me to arrive at the airport at 11:03, my plane leaving at 11:30. The only option without paying for a ticket for the following day was to be on standby for a flight at 5:00pm for New Orleans to Chicago, and then be on standby from Chicago to Madison.

I knew the Lord knew the situation and that he was in control of it as well. If I wasn't able to make it to Chicago or Madison, it wouldn't have been the end of the world, knowing that it was the Lord's providence...though I was really looking forward to getting home and seeing my family. I got the last spot on the plane from New Orleans. When we arrived in Chicago I went to the gate where the plane to Madison was to take off from to put my name on the standby list. The lady seemed very hopeful that I'd get on that plane, which indeed I did. Though I arrived in Madison at 10:30 then drove to Platteville arriving there after 12:15am. It was a long day, but I am grateful to be home for a couple of weeks and see my family who I haven't seen since May.

There is a big difference between Mississippi and Wisconsin...and a lot of snow here. I'll post some pictures for my friends in MS who are rubbing it in that it is warm there, when I'm able.

No comments: