Friday, January 11, 2008

Loes and oysters

It's been a pretty good week, I am exhausted...but that's usually a sign I've been busy and busy is good. The crews are still out working today, getting a ton of things accomplished. It's great to see.

I just got back from the bus station not long ago taking Loes to catch her bus. It was great having Loes around here the past couple of weeks...she was scheduled to leave Tuesday this week, but we talked her into staying a few more days....It was great fun. Loes is from the Netherlands and had been studying at the University of Wisconsin Platteville and had attended my home church while she was there. She had a few weeks before she headed home that she wanted to spend in Lakeshore volunteer, she was a huge help. I was sad to see her go.
Last night Loes and I got to experience something we had never done before...eating raw oysters on a half shell. It was one of the most interesting things I've eaten since I've been here. But I decided they were actually pretty good. I didn't know what to expect or even how to eat them. So after watch Greg and Don eat one Loes and I tried one and then another.

No comments: