Sunday, April 06, 2008

Interviews and 175

Today I am preparing to fly out to Atlanta early tomorrow morning. I will be heading to the North American Mission Board headquarters for 3 days of interviews and other meetings and formalities. I had applied for a US/C2 position to continue my work here in Lakeshore. I was invited to go through the interview process, but from what I've heard from JoEll, Pastor Don, and the folks at NAMB and the Mississippi Baptist Convention it sounds pretty promising that I will be able to continue here as a US/C2 missionary, which will be a two year missionary stay.

But as I prepare to head out so does Pastor Don. Greg will be flying in today to help James with the skilled end of things around here, but Liz and Britt will be heading up the unskilled groups. I'm confident they can do alright, but please be praying for them as well as Greg, James, and JoEll as we will be having about 175 people this week.

I too would appreciate your prayers as I head off to my interview. I know most of this is formality, but I am still getting a bit nervous. I will be returning Wednesday evening, Lord willing before the worship service.

2 comments:

Joel Cupp said...

Miss you and praying for you :)

Jessica Lukens said...

Praying for you as you are meeting with the North American Mission Board. Look forward to seeing you soon.