Thursday, April 10, 2008

Post-interviews


I've arrived back in Mississippi from Atlanta last night just before the worship service. Thank you to all who prayed for me as I traveled and went through the interviews at NAMB. Everything went very smooth and the interviews went well. It looks like, Lord willing, that I will be here in Lakeshore another two years this time as a US/C2 missionary through NAMB.

The interviews were are great time to get to know some of the other missionaries that will placed throughout the US and Canada. I met a really great couple that Lord willing will be serving in Mobile, AL which is just a short drive for me and also a young lady that will be serving at the Rachel Simms Baptist Mission in New Orleans. I am looking forward to getting to know them better as we serve in the same neck of the woods.

A few others that I connected with while I was there was a couple planting a church in Calgary Canada and a young man from Texas that was helping them in Calgary. I spent one evening with them and one other couple at a near by mall to get out of the hotel and chatting while we were waiting as interviews took place.

Overall my time in Atlanta was a great experience. Everyone here in Lakeshore did an amazing job as well. Things have gone very smooth from what I heard the first few days and today went good as well. We had a church from Kentucky frame up our 27th house which is very exciting. I haven't been out there yet, but look forward to seeing it. We appreciate your prayers and continue to pray for Pastor Don as he's in California and will be traveling to Kentucky this weekend to preach on Sunday then to attend the Together for the Gospel conference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE HIM!!!
CONGRATULATIONS, JAMIE ;>)