Monday, May 19, 2008

vacation pt. 1

For a little update...

I've been away from Lakeshore now for a week and having a great time at my friends Jer & Katie's house in Chippewa Falls, WI. I'd forgotten how beautiful this state is...when I was flying in over Minneapolis then driving into Wisconsin just the beauty of the landscape the trees, the grass, the rocks, and the hills it's awesome.


I've also been able to reconnect with people I've met in here in the past or that have been to Lakeshore to volunteer. It's been a great, yet challenging week. I can't think of any time in the last several years that I've been away from the Internet for more than a couple days. While it has been hard for me to think of all the emails that are piling up and the things that I could be looking forward to on the calendar and all the interesting things happening on facebook :) – it's been great to be away from it with my mind not totally focused on those things.


It has also been challenging spiritually, yet renewing. I've learned a great deal about myself and what I need to improve on as I grow in my relationship with the Lord. I have had a lot of time to read as well, but sadly I haven't done much...almost every time I've sat down to read the eye lids close and I fall asleep. Maybe I've been a little sleep deprive, who would have thought? But I have begun working on what I would like to go through this fall with the ladies Bible study. If not for the ladies study, it's a great personal study of the attributes of God.


I am now looking forward to the next leg of my trip...a visit to see my sister and a surprise visit to my hometown for just a few days before heading off to Louisville, KY. Now I am just hoping no one will check the blog from Platteville in the next few hours before my arrival...

1 comment:

Rose Marie Creations said...

ooo sounds like youre having a grand ole time. :-) im so glad.