Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Vacation pt. 2 - the smell of lilacs

This week has been pretty great. I made it to Platteville yesterday to surprise my mom - it was fun...As far as I know she had no idea I was coming. Prior to arriving in Platteville I stopped to see my pregnant sister. I also got to spend a couple hours with my pastor, his wife, and son.
This morning I got my moped out and took a spin around town to look at what all has changed. Then I went for a walk in a favorite park of mine on my college campus. I went to visit a few of the places I spent hours in prayer and scripture. It was even more beautiful than I remember.



One of my favorite spots, a place I rode bike and hiked was now guarded by barbed wire fence. Maybe due to the old railroad bridge that was falling apart for the last several years.
And maybe one of the things that I have been looking forward to the most is the smell of the lilacs blooming in the spring.

No comments: