Monday, July 07, 2008

Mid - Summer Update

I finally got on top of things and wrote an update...I've been meaning to this since the beginning of summer but since that didn't happen here's my mid-summer update. Lord willing I will be sending the pdf update out in an email shortly.

Mid- Summer Update

We are about half way through the big summer rush. It's been an exciting summer so far. We've seen a lot of progress on our homes. We've recently started framing 2 new houses. We've moved 1 woman into her home and few more are very close, Lord willing by the end of the summer we will have them in. We currently have about 15 homes in progress that we are sending volunteers into week after week. We are doing everything from sheetrock, painting, building porches, trim work, siding, roofing, plumbing, electrical, HVAC...and the list goes on and on.

We will see between 1200 and 1300 volunteers this summer equaling between 48,000 and 52,000 volunteer hours. That's amazing...Praise God he continues to send volunteers this way.

June 1st I began my new missionary appointment with the North American Mission Board. I've transitioned from a Semester missionary to a US/C2 missionary. This Lord willing will allow me to stay in Lakeshore for the next two years. I am excited to see what the Lord is going to do in the future!

I also became an aunt early this summer! My sister had her first child a baby girl, Kailey. She was premature and was in the hospital about 1 month, but was able to come home about a month and a half before her actual due date. Praise God for his healing power and protection for my sister and the baby.

The Church has also begun building me a little house that will make my stay in Lakeshore a little more homey. It is approximately 200 square feet plus a loft for sleeping. The best parts though is the private bathroom and the space I will have to spend time in the Word, undistracted.

Ways to pray for me:

  • For a freshness in prayer and Bible Study

  • Boldness in sharing the gospel

  • Pray for deliverance from loneliness, discouragement and depression.

  • Pray for patience as church staff and volunteers work together and patience for others as they work with me :)

  • Pray God would be glorified in and through me.

Ways to pray for the ministry:

  • That God would be glorified in all that happens through Lakeshore Baptist Church.

  • That the Gospel would be spread throughout the Lakeshore community and the Gulf Coast.

  • That volunteers would continue to flow through the church

  • That finances would continue to come in to keep this operation funded.

I appreciate all the prayers and support from friends and church family. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve Lakeshore Baptist Church and this community.

No comments: