Friday, September 05, 2008

A Defeated Feeling

It has been a exhausting week physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually for me. There's been so much going on. Evacuating really wore me out emotionally, I was unsure and a bit nervous as the first hurricane since Katrina and my first hurricane headed toward the Louisiana/Mississippi gulf coast. We then returned to Lakeshore and when I learned that my cottage had about a foot of water in it, I came away feeling very defeated. We were almost done with the sheet rock and now we are having to tear part of it back out. A great group of guys from Sovereign Grace Church in Slidell, LA came over today and tore the sheet rock out of the house for me.

But it still encourages me each time I hear... the Lord is still ruling and reigning in heaven and was completely in control of the storm, it's path, and the damage it brought.
The Lord gives and takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY, girlfriend ;>)
We are so glad you are all okay.
Yes, He remains in Control.
We must stand steadfast in Him as He stands steadfast for us every day.
God Bless!!!