Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Why I appreciate my pastor

I often neglect to tell people in my life how grateful I am for them and how much I appreciate them. And many times it is the people that I am closest to or spend a lot of my time serving alongside that I forget. That said, this blog post is not entirely my idea. Abraham Piper posted to his blog, 22 words, asking us why we appreciate our Pastor.

I am blessed to serve at Lakeshore Baptist Church alongside my brother in Christ and Pastor Don Elbourne. It has been a great 2 1/2 years that I have been here and look forward to continue to serve alongside him and the rest of the folks here in Lakeshore.

As we look forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow I cannot help but thank God for the roll Don and his family, as well as the church family, have played in my life. I want to take this opportunity to thank Don publicly letting him know, as well as all who read, a few reasons why I appreciate my Pastor.

1. He faithfully preaches the Word of God
2. He puts up with me on a daily basis
3. He's willing to stop things to counsel or answer questions.
4. He loves his wife and children
5. He and his family have brought me into their family and life.
6. He's not afraid to correct and rebuke me when I need it.
7. He put PhD on hold to minister full time to a storm ravaged community.
8. He cares deeply for the members of Lakeshore Baptist Church.
9. He's a extraordinary cook.
10. He has a desire to spread the gospel to the entire community.
11. He been here 14 years and looks forward to staying as long as God has him here.
12. He's sacrificed so much the past three years since hurricane Katrina to minister to a hurting and devastated community.
13. He's not afraid to admit when he's made a mistake.
14. He loves God's Word and encourages us to read, study, and memorize the Word.

No comments: