Thursday, December 25, 2008

No Where Else I'd Rather Be

After arriving back in Wisconsin I've received many questions about the work in Lakeshore and opportunity I have to serve there. Several people I have spoke to has asked “Isn't the work down there just about done?” This allows me to speak about Lakeshore, the severity of the storm, and the needs are still very present including physical needs, emotional needs, and spiritual needs.

The question that follows is “So what exactly do you do.” It is a position which is not easily defined. My tasks are a little different most everyday, though there are several things that are daily. But these questions have prompted me to think about how privileged I am to be serving in Lakeshore

Here's a very brief list:

  1. It is a privilege to serve alongside the believers at Lakeshore Baptist Church and the thousands of believers that flow through Lakeshore Baptist.
  2. I am growing in my relationship with the Lord.
  3. The Lord has shown me areas in disaster relief and other areas, I can serve in.
  4. I've learned to do many random things I doubt I would have learned elsewhere (forklift driving, rat killing, cajun cooking, building, designing homes, and mission trip planning among other things)
  5. I've seen the Lord work and begin to heal broken relationships, for which I rejoice
  6. Maybe one day I will be transformed into a nice southern belle.
  7. I've enjoyed leading the ladies Bible Study and watching the other ladies grow in their relationship with the Lord.

There is no other place that I can imagine being and nothing I would rather be doing at this point in my life. How many people can actually say they have a “job” they love? I can truly say I love serving in Lakeshore, look forward to future opportunities, and am excited to see how the Lord is going to work in my life and the lives of the folks around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He will continue to use you Mightily, Jamie ;>)
Blessings in 2009.