Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Abortions in China


My heart has been aching as I ponder the topic of abortion and the number of lives lost each year. We know since the Roe vs. Wade court case there has been nearly 50,000,000 (that's 50 million). 50 million since 1973.

While that is shocking and makes me angry and sad. I recently read an article about the number of abortions in China. the official China Daily newspaper reported that each year in China 13 million surgical abortions. In addition to the surgical abortions, 10 million abortion pills are sold. That is 23 million abortions in one year and that only is the registered abortions. The report states there are many abortions done in unregistered rural clinics.

In less than 3 years Chinese women have more abortions that American women have had in 36 years.

I believe we need to stand against abortion in the US and fight for the lives of the unborn. But my heart yearns for answers and aches for the murdered unborn in China. Is there anything we can do as believers to stop abortions in other countries?

For now I'm praying for the country of China, for Chinese women who have lacked sex education, and praying for more education and that the value of human life, which begins at conception, will be valued among the Chinese.

No comments: