Saturday, June 07, 2008

Back to the grind

I can't say how many times I have opened the dashboard of my blog in an attempt to write something in the past week and a half, but have come away with nothing written or nothing anyone else would want to read. So here I am again...

I'm back in Lakeshore from my extended vacation, which was great. It is great to be back though. While I was on vacation, of course after I left Wisconsin, my sister gave birth to her baby girl Kailey. The baby was a couple months early and weighed in at a whopping 2 lb 12oz. She'll be two weeks old tomorrow. Both mom and baby are doing well, though it will be a long recovery. Kailey's my first niece, so I am totally excited.

We are gearing up for this summer in Lakeshore. This week begins a very busy summer (somewhere around 1500 volunteers in a matter of 2 months!) Lord willing we will be finishing several house and starting several more!

I've officially been approved and have begun my service as a US/C2 missionary. Lord willing, this will extend my stay in Lakeshore until June of 2010. I never would have thought my first summer here would have turned into 4 years, but I am sure happy the Lord has placed me in Lakeshore.

Oh...and my house was begun to be wired! one step closer!

No comments: