Tuesday, July 01, 2008

God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him

Today the Lord really helped me to see that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him. I woke up this morning saying I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do today. I got into the book of Hebrews bright and early...then my day became one of the most interesting days as far as things going wrong, yet enjoying everything that went on.

First we were expecting a shipment of bottled water on Monday, but that was delayed...no problem to me but we were out of bottled water for volunteers to take out the the job sites, but we made due. The Lord provided a few cases of water to quench the workers thirst.

Then a volunteer came to me to inform me that there was no running water in the kitchen or the shower house. So I went to check out the well and saw that it wasn't working properly. I wasn't worried at all since this has happened several times before and it's always been fixed. So I called James, I figured if he couldn't fix it he could find someone who could...but he took care of it.

A few minutes later a volunteer walked into the office to inform me the air conditioning wasn't working in the Quonset Hut they were sleeping in. I went to take a look and the problem seemed apparent to me, but had James take a look at it too. It was a problem neither of us could fix easily, but again no big deal. There is an A/C man coming later this week and I knew I could find a place to sleep the ladies that were in there if need be.

There were then a few miscellaneous things that took place, but I spent most of my afternoon working on cleaning the office and then headed for my house to continue working on the sheet rock for about 2 hours.

On my way to dinner I was talking with Allison and her dad about some of the things that came in on the truck and he mentioned a grill that was taken. That immediately made me look over to the place where our grill normally sits and I saw that it was gone. He said it wasn't that grill that was taken, but one that was donated which got me looking to where our grill had disappeared to. I then spotted it sticking up out of the dumpster!

I weighed the options 1. Go in after it to get it out or 2. Tell pastor Don I had no idea what happened to it. Since lying is wrong and I was having such a fun day already I decided to go in after it. So we ate dinner then Allison, Allison's mom and dad, Zack and I went to retrieve it. We saved that and several folding chairs that had been tossed into the dumpster. So I thought things couldn't get more interesting, but I was wrong. As I was climbing off the dumpster I stepped onto a bucket that contained some very liquidy paint type stuff...That lid gave way and my foot went sploosh into the bucket...I couldn't help but to laugh hysterically.
It was a great day and I as really able to see how the Lord is working in my life as he transforms this wretched sinner. I could see the Lord working in different ways in each situation, but I was able to praise him throughout the day as I was not bent out of shape, frustrated with anyone and if it were not for him working in my life I could have made today a terrible day. But instead it was great - To God be the Glory!

No comments: