Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Edwards' Resolutions - 3,4,5

As humbling as it is to examine myself, it's been good. Our God is forgiving and I am grateful. Oh how short I fall of His standards outlined in the Bible. Lord thank you for forgiveness, for your grace, and mercy. Help me to live my life in a manner glorifying.

Jonathan Edwards' Resolutions 3, 4, & 5.

3. Resolved, if ever I shall fall and grow dull, so as to neglect to keep any part of these Resolutions, to repent of all I can remember, when I come to myself again.

4. Resolved, never to do any manner of thing, whether in soul or body, less or more, but what tends to the glory of God; nor be, nor suffer it, if I can avoid it.

5. Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can.

Of these three I think it's easiest to see the area covered by resolution 5. How much time do I waste, losing moments of time? How can I make my time more profitable? I fail epically when it comes to resolution number 5. I can't tell you how many moments pass, wasted. Times where I could be doing something profitable. In all honesty this is one area that is a struggle for me.

I have recognized this recently and have begun doing things that are more profitable, though still I struggle with making the most of my free moments. One way I've tried to make the most of some of the quiet time has been by working to memorize the book of Philippians. I've joined the thousands of people around the nation and world who are working to memorizing the book by Easter. (Partnering to Remember) .



No comments: