Sunday, June 25, 2006

It’s been quite the week. We’ve been very busy with teams out in the community, teams leaving, and new teams coming. But each day a little bit of progress is made or a little hope is given where hope seemed to be lost. I been working on getting teams to clean up people’s yards, move trees/branches, pick up trash, help some of the elderly get things organized in the yard, among other things. The teams have been great in doing whatever they are asked to do. Most of the jobs have been working out in the hot sun and humidity, but they go out an do their things each day. Its fun to talk to the teams at the end of the day when I am checking to see how things went, many of the teams have been blessed getting to talk to and serve the people in the community.

There was also a great team in from Florida who led a Vacation Bible School for the kids in the community this past week from Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral Fl. They had a pretty good turn out and were able to teach the kids great biblical truth. Friday night they also had a family program which drew people from the community who do not attend church regularly or at all.

The Lord remains faithful, and He continues to teach me and reveal new things each day. I am learning a lot about myself and daily I'm being taken way out of my comfort zone. But while there are times I am a bit awkward, I know that scripture promises that He will work all things out for the good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. I'm being stretched in ways that I never would have thought of before, but I remain grateful to my Creator who knows how much I can handle and gives me just that.

I am encouraged by Paul's encouragement to the Philippians when he says "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand. do not be anxious for anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:4-7

Here are a few pictures of the things that went on around here this past week.

No comments: