Sunday, September 10, 2006

On Vacation...

This past Thursday I left Mississippi and headed for Wisconsin for a surprise visit/vacation. With a little planning and a few secrets I was able to get from MS to WI and totally surprise my mom by showing up on the front porch as I was talking to her on the phone. I’ve been back here for a few days now and have been running around none stop. But it has been great. I have been able to connect with a bunch of my college friends, drive up to see my sister, and spend some time with the folks at my home church (Rolling Hills Church). While it has been great to be back, to be honest it is a bit different than how I remember. But that, I’m sure, has to do with the fact that time and circumstances changes folks.

Tomorrow I am going to try take some time to get my thoughts together, as there is a lot going round and round in my head. I need to take a little time to sort out the emotions and all the new experiences I have had this summer. There’s just a lot of things there that I have tried to ignore and really need to give to the Lord. And everyone is beginning to ask what comes next, after December. At this point I have no idea, but I intend to spend some time praying about that too.

There are a few highlights so far in my trip though. On Saturday after going to see my sister I wandered up to the “Dairy Days Fair” here in Platteville and got me some fried cheese curds..yum!

A little later that night I met a bunch of people from InterVarsity at the big M. We climbed to the top and worshiped God through song and prayer as we looked over his creation.

...I'll post some pictures later

No comments: